Splunk Search

Help for subsearch

nebel
Communicator

Hi Splunkers,

I need the result from first search in another search.

First search:
sourcetype=win_server | multikv fields ID Servername | search Servername=$INPUT$ | table ID | dedup ID

--> gives me for exmaple ID 13 back

At next I need this ID for figure out the location

Secound search:

sourcetype=win_server | multikv fields ID Location | search ID=$INPUT$ | table Location | dedup Location

Can anyone help me to bring them together?

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MHibbin
Influencer

I think you will need to use the subsearch (docs) field, "search" (shown in the subsearch docs), you should then be able to modify your search to the following:

sourcetype=win_server | multikv fields ID Location | search [search sourcetype=win_server | multikv fields ID Servername | search Servername=$INPUT$ | table ID | dedup ID | rename ID as search | fields + search] | table Location | dedup Location

Basically this should be equivalent to you typing ".. | search ID=13 |.." if you were to search the data manually. (additionally... the "query" performs a more generic search, i.e. "... | search 13 | ...").

Regards,

MHibbin

View solution in original post

MHibbin
Influencer

I think you will need to use the subsearch (docs) field, "search" (shown in the subsearch docs), you should then be able to modify your search to the following:

sourcetype=win_server | multikv fields ID Location | search [search sourcetype=win_server | multikv fields ID Servername | search Servername=$INPUT$ | table ID | dedup ID | rename ID as search | fields + search] | table Location | dedup Location

Basically this should be equivalent to you typing ".. | search ID=13 |.." if you were to search the data manually. (additionally... the "query" performs a more generic search, i.e. "... | search 13 | ...").

Regards,

MHibbin

MHibbin
Influencer

nice one, have fun!

0 Karma

nebel
Communicator

thanks a lot. Worked great!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Platform | Upgrading your Splunk Deployment to Python 3.9

Splunk initially announced the removal of Python 2 during the release of Splunk Enterprise 8.0.0, aiming to ...

From Product Design to User Insights: Boosting App Developer Identity on Splunkbase

co-authored by Yiyun Zhu & Dan Hosaka Engaging with the Community at .conf24 At .conf24, we revitalized the ...

Detect and Resolve Issues in a Kubernetes Environment

We’ve gone through common problems one can encounter in a Kubernetes environment, their impacts, and the ...