Splunk Search

From InputStream to JsonArray

kalyani1184

I would like to know how to get a Json array from an InputStream Object.

Actually I am trying to store some splunk raw parameters like host, sourcetype, and source in a string list and then passed into JobResultArgs. Then passed into InputStream as a Job object. Now i want that to be passed to a Json Array to get the result size and pass throught the array and get the host and source objects.

JobResultsArgs jobRes = new JobResultsArgs();

List<String> fields = new ArrayList<String>();

fields.add("_raw");
    fields.add("host");
    fields.add("sourcetype");
    fields.add("source");

jobRes.setFieldList((String[])fields.toArray());
    jobRes.setCount(2500);

InputStream inpStream = job.getResults(jobRes);  
    ResultsReaderJson Jsa = new ResultsReaderJson(inpStream);

//      System.out.println("result size: " + Jsa.size());
     //  for(int i = 0; i < Jsa.size(); i++) {

//   JsonElement hostElement = Jsa.get(i).getAsJsonObject().get("host");
  //    JsonElement source = Jsa.get(i).getAsJsonObject().get("source");

The commented lines are not compatable with the code but i want to implement this kind of code. Is there a way i can get a Json Array from the InputStream

0 Karma

aryank4564
0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

For the commented part you may be looking for ResultsReader.getNextEvent(): http://docs.splunk.com/DocumentationStatic/JavaSDK/1.0/index.html?com/splunk/ResultsReader.html

0 Karma

kalyani1184

Thank you for the response. I looked previously but that was not i wanted. I wanted to get the size of it and the host name source name which i could not find from that.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...