Splunk Search

Create Search, table and drilldown with events multivalues

Carolina
Engager

Hi,

I have this log with the following structure.

12/06/2018 08.00:58.330 [[ACTIVE] Executetheread: '4' for queue. processENSESION
num de inst participantes ---> 25
fecha de operacion ---> 20180612
claves ---> 301,800,390,831,9,28,289,948,984,829,
nombre ---> prueba01,prueba02, prueba03, prueba04,prueba05,prueba06,prueba07,prueba08,prueba09,prueba10
estado ---> R,R,R,R,R,R,R,R,N,R

12/06/2018 08.00:47.330 [[ACTIVE] Executetheread: '4' for queue. processENSESION
nombre ---> prueba01,prueba02, prueba03, prueba04,prueba05,prueba06,prueba07,prueba08,prueba09,prueba10
estado ---> R,R,R,R,R,R,R,R,R,R

I need create a dashboard with the following design
Filter and count by estado R or N but only the last event:
alt text

Andd when you click on the panel display a table with only the data (claves, nombre, estado) according to the previous filter.
Example:

alt text

I have the following query with splunk

index=open source=appskp 
| head 1
| mvexpand claves
| mvexpand nombre
| mvexpand estado
| makemv delim="," claves
| makemv delim="," nombre
| makemv delim="," estado
| table claves nombre estado
| eval filter=mvfilter(estado="R")

Regards.

0 Karma
1 Solution

DalJeanis
Legend

@Carolina - Please feel free to repeat a section of your question in Spanish. There are many Spanish speakers in the Splunk community, and we'd be happy to help. I'm going to give my advice in English, since half of it has to be in English anyway due to the keywords involved.

When you say "only the last event", I assume that you have accomplished that requirement with the head 1 in your code.

Here are the steps to make your desired dash -

1) Use your above query as a "base" query to create the underlying table for each of your two panels. Please verify that the below code produces a table with both R and N estado values in it.

index=open source=appskp 
 | head 1

| rename COMMENT as "turn the individual fields into multivalue fields"

| rename COMMENT as "zip them together into a single field, then split up the records"
 | eval myzip=mvzip(mvzip(claves,nombre,"!!!!"),estado,"!!!!")
 | mvexpand myzip

| rename COMMENT as "unpack the fields again and make a table"
 | rex field=myzip "(?<claves>\d+)!!!!(?<nombre>.+?)!!!!(?<estado>.+?))

2) For each of your gauges, use the base query, and a postprocessing filter for the received - or -not-received state.

| where estado="R"

or

| where estado="N"

3) Create two more panels, one to show the data table for each. Use the depends= keyword with a distinct token for each one, to hide them until they are desired.

4) Set the click for each of your shown gauges to set the depends token for its own table and to unset the depends token for the other table.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

@Carolina - Please feel free to repeat a section of your question in Spanish. There are many Spanish speakers in the Splunk community, and we'd be happy to help. I'm going to give my advice in English, since half of it has to be in English anyway due to the keywords involved.

When you say "only the last event", I assume that you have accomplished that requirement with the head 1 in your code.

Here are the steps to make your desired dash -

1) Use your above query as a "base" query to create the underlying table for each of your two panels. Please verify that the below code produces a table with both R and N estado values in it.

index=open source=appskp 
 | head 1

| rename COMMENT as "turn the individual fields into multivalue fields"

| rename COMMENT as "zip them together into a single field, then split up the records"
 | eval myzip=mvzip(mvzip(claves,nombre,"!!!!"),estado,"!!!!")
 | mvexpand myzip

| rename COMMENT as "unpack the fields again and make a table"
 | rex field=myzip "(?<claves>\d+)!!!!(?<nombre>.+?)!!!!(?<estado>.+?))

2) For each of your gauges, use the base query, and a postprocessing filter for the received - or -not-received state.

| where estado="R"

or

| where estado="N"

3) Create two more panels, one to show the data table for each. Use the depends= keyword with a distinct token for each one, to hide them until they are desired.

4) Set the click for each of your shown gauges to set the depends token for its own table and to unset the depends token for the other table.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@Carolina does the raw data appear same way as that in your question? Or is the data actually multivalue?

Following is a run anywhere search based on your sample data

| makeresults
| eval _raw="12/06/2018 08.00:47.330 [[ACTIVE] Executetheread: '4' for queue. processENSESION
estado ---> R,R,R,R,R,R,R,R,R,R"
| rex "claves ---> (?<claves>.*),\s+nombre ---> (?<nombre>.*)\s+estado ---> (?<estado>.*)"
| fields - _time _raw
| head 1
| makemv claves delim=","
| makemv nombre delim=","
| makemv estado delim=","
| eval data=mvzip(claves,mvzip(nombre,estado))
| fields data
| mvexpand data
| makemv data delim=","
| eval claves=mvindex(data,0),nombre=mvindex(data,1),estado=mvindex(data,2)

Carolina
Engager

@niketnilay the data is multivalue in log.
Actually I have regex for the fields claves, nombre and estado

0 Karma

logloganathan
Motivator

we are not able to understand clearly.
Please provide the output format for better understanding

0 Karma

Carolina
Engager

Hi,
ok thank you. I update the output.
Regards.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...