Splunk Search

CSV Lookup - Exclusions - Help Required.

driva
Path Finder

Hi guys,

I'm trying to work out what's wrong with my search (see below). I have a CSV lookup file with a list of names that I would like to exclude from the search results.

index=new RequestID=* NOT [| inputlookup User_Exclusions.csv | fields Exclude_User ] | stats count | rename count as Total

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

D

0 Karma
1 Solution

driva
Path Finder

Hi guys, I got it working - I was using format in the subsearch however the hiccup I made was that the 'field' Exclude_Users within the CSV did not quite match the Field within Splunk. I made the field of users I wanted to exclude match the field name within the CSV file and it all started working. Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

View solution in original post

driva
Path Finder

Hi guys, I got it working - I was using format in the subsearch however the hiccup I made was that the 'field' Exclude_Users within the CSV did not quite match the Field within Splunk. I made the field of users I wanted to exclude match the field name within the CSV file and it all started working. Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

rmmiller
Contributor

You are missing the format command.

Take a look at this:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/724348/excluding-a-list-of-ips-from-the-results.html

driva
Path Finder

Hi rmmiller, thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately it does not work with '| format' added. It appears that the inputlookup works when run as an independent search but not as a subsearch.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you put | format in the subsearch or main search. It should be in the subsearch and it should have worked.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...