Splunk Observability Cloud

Create Chart joining 2 metrics using plot editor or signal flow?

Babuduraiswamy
Engager

Is there any way to join 2 metrics in plot editor and create a chart or Table.

Eg. Plot A have "otelcol_process_cpu_seconds" and Plot B "have cpu.utilization". 

I need to create Plot C list data exist in B (cpu.untilization) but not exist in plot A(otelcol_process_cpu_seconds"). 

I tried with formula, but formula works only for math operations like B-A (single value) but not working for showing the listing data, I need to plot table shows host name not in "otelcol_process_cpu_seconds".

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Count the plots each appears in - if the count is 2 it is in both A and B, therefore it can be removed from C. Now if it appears in (only) A, you can also remove it (since you are not interested in it).

0 Karma

Babuduraiswamy
Engager

I tried your approach like applying count to both A and B. C only gives the difference of A-B.

eg. cpu_unitlization have 20 count and "otelcol_process_cpu_seconds" have 15 count, C=20-15 =5.

I need to find the host name of the missing 5 from the "otelcol_process_cpu_seconds".

My work is to find the running and non-running otelcol agents from all running host machines. I dont find any use full metrics to achieve this 

Thanks

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Perhaps you could share the specific SPL you have tried for this so we can see where you might be going wrong, as it is not easy providing a solution to such vague questions?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...