Splunk Enterprise

Why are new splunk user accounts failing due to US export compliance requirements?

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi.. 

I have suggested some of my new team mates to open a splunk user account(for free splunk trainings and to login to splunk community as well)

but when my team mates are trying to use gmail id to register for a splunk user account, they get error as:

Due to US export compliance requirements, Splunk has suspended your access. (my team mates are facing this issue around for a more than a month period and even just now.)

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Any ideas/suggestions please. 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

Anam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @inventsekar 

Were you able to call the support number and get the user cleared? If not, please let me know.

Thanks

0 Karma

sccheah82
Explorer

I faced the same problem too. I am from Malaysia. The number is not in service to me. May I get assistance, please?

0 Karma

Anam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @inventsekar 

I just private messaged you. Please get back to me.

Thanks

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have your team mates called the phone number as instructed?  What was the result?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

oops... from India, we are not able to call a US number.

(international calling not enabled on our cell phones ;( )

Hi Splunk Employees,

Could you please suggest them to use an email address instead of the calling US number please. thanks. 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk Support has a local number in India: in-country toll free: 000.800.040.3186

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...