Splunk Enterprise

Splunk Power User certification Validity

vijaysri1992
Engager

Hi Team,

Is there any validity for Splunk Power User certification.

I completed the cert on 17th of March 2017.

Can I directly take Splunk Admin Certification now?

Labels (1)

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @vijaysri1992 ... ahh, one more member similar to my situation. 

i cleared Splunk Power User Jun 2017 and last year Aug2019/Sep2019, when Splunk was announciing the Pearson tie-ups and new exam rules, they clearly said that i have to redo Splunk Power User on or before Sep/Oct 2019 otherwise, i have to start from zero(Splunk User exam).

And i was in some urgent project assignments, i didnt re-do the power user exam and then, last month i did the Foundations 1 training again and cleared the Splunk Certified Core User (i felt difficult than exam than 2017 exam, actually.)

So, Since you did on March 2017, you will also need to start from zero(the Splunk Core User Exam). All the very best for your certifications!

PS - All certifications are now subject to a 3-year life cycle.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you are eligible for the Splunk Admin certification then it should appear in your Pearson View profile.  If it does not appear then send email to certification@splunk.com.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...