Splunk Enterprise

Has anyone tried to run Splunk Enterprise under Rosetta on the new Mac M1 chip?

xanthakita
Path Finder

Has anyone tried to run Splunk Enterprise under Rosetta on the new Mac M1 chip? I realize it’s compiled for intel, but supposedly Rosetta works pretty well at interpreting. I am considering purchasing a Mac mini but I want to be able to run Splunk on it for development and testing.

any insights or experience with this?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

xanthakita
Path Finder

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
As You have seen, it works great with M1 chips.
Have you try to run it with docker on M1?
r. Ismo
0 Karma

effem2
Path Finder

Splunk Docker container do not currently work. As Splunk Software(possibly WebServer) is running into a QEMU Bug.

qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - core dumped

The container works but Splunk upon starting the Webserver will fail due to this issue.
As there is no ARM64 version of Splunk Enterprise, there is only one workaround, that is to install locally. 

0 Karma

xanthakita
Path Finder

Sadly I haven't come up to speed on Splunk in containers.. even though I really want to! I would think it would do fine since according to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsg7wrTbBRk Docker is supported...

it would certainly be interesting to test.

xanthakita
Path Finder

discovered this youtube video:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYOXiwgt-3o

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...