Splunk Dev

Why is Splunk Enterprise app logo missing after update?

Mr2022
Explorer

I update an released app. When I install by local file on the portal and returned to the home page, the logo of my app was missing, so it is with the logo at the bar when I jumped into my app. 

I found that if I restart the splunkd process and login again, the logo display well. I got confused with that.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Mr2022,

are you speaking of a custom app or one from Splunkbase?

if from Splunkbase, it's strange, which App are you speking?

anyway check the grants on the icon files contained in the app (in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/your_app/static).

If you're speaking of a custom app, did you follow the instructions to add a logo to your app (https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/developapps/createapps/#Add-icons-to-your-app)?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Mr2022
Explorer

Hi gcusello,

Thanks for your reply. The app that I mentioned is one from Splunkbase. 

My app names as 'Trend Micro Risk Insights for Splunk'.

Thanks,

Blake

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Mr2022,

this app was developed by Trend Micro.

Check the owner and the rights of the files in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/your_app/static:

owner must be splunk and rights must be 644.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Mr2022
Explorer

Hi gcusello,

I'll try to change the permissions of the logo png files later.

Thanks

Blake

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...