Splunk Dev

Automatically deploy a local app to search head

las
Contributor

Hi.

I have a developer, that works on a local app and maintains the source in Azure Dev/Ops.

He is, of course, interested in automating the complete deployment process to our on-prem search head.

Has anyone tried this setup, and found some good practises?

For some reason I'm not comfortable with having a dev/Ops agent running on the search head, where it potentially could have access to the filesystem etc.

Any advise is greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

this is doable and quite many enterprise / persons are already using it. Here is some links to examples / presentations how it can/should do:

I think that you could found quite easily more examples if/when needed. Of course to take this into use will need some work and especially defined process in your company how this must do.

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

this is doable and quite many enterprise / persons are already using it. Here is some links to examples / presentations how it can/should do:

I think that you could found quite easily more examples if/when needed. Of course to take this into use will need some work and especially defined process in your company how this must do.

r. Ismo

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Registration for Splunk University is Now Open!

Are you ready for an adventure in learning?   Brace yourselves because Splunk University is back, and it's ...

Splunkbase | Splunk Dashboard Examples App for SimpleXML End of Life

The Splunk Dashboard Examples App for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 19, 2024, after which no new ...

Understanding Generative AI Techniques and Their Application in Cybersecurity

Watch On-Demand Artificial intelligence is the talk of the town nowadays, with industries of all kinds ...