Splunk Cloud Platform

How to view billing per application?

nsdunkle

I am needing to view the cost per application in Splunk to compare to different products. For instance, I am needing to see how much it is costing us to ingest information for the M365 application for Splunk. Where can I do this, and what level of permissions do I need? Also, how do I delete an application from Splunk Cloud so that we are no longer billed for the data?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Adding to @richgalloway 's answer - depending on your plan, you're either paying for the computing resources you use (workload pricing) which means that the more work your environment can perform (more indexing workload, but more importanty - more and "heavier" searches), the more you pay. Or ingest-based pricing which means that the more data you're indexing _per day_, the more you pay. You don't pay separately for the data you've already indexed so deleting an existing index doesn't affect your costs or for an app just because it's installed (Splunk premium apps is a separate story). Uninstalling an app - either. (unless it's a case where - for example - you use workload-based pricing and an app contains many saved searches).

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Data ingestion is not measured by app, but by gigabyte.  Generally speaking, deleting an app will have no effect on how much to pay for data.  However, if the app pulls data from other services, then deleting that app will stop the input and reduce your data bill.  Use the Cloud Monitoring Console's License usage dashboard to see which sourcetypes use the most data and then determine which app provides that sourcetype.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...