Splunk Cloud Platform

How to Power Bi integration with Splunk- Getting Error

saurabhtathode
Engager

PowerBI_error.PNGPowerBI_datasource.PNGHello All,

We are trying to achieve Power BI integration with Splunk. We have Power BI installed on windows machine and we also installed ODBC driver to connect to Splunk.

As part of configuration we added credentials (same with which we connect to our splunk cloud instance) and URL in Power BI Get Data options but we are getting below error:

"Details: "ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Splunk][SplunkODBC] (40) Error with HTTP API, error code: Couldn't connect to serverERROR [HY000] [Splunk][SplunkODBC] (40) Error with HTTP API, error code: Couldn't connect to server"

I am attaching connection screenshot and error screenshot. Please let me know if we can add any more information.

Please try to help on same as this will ease reporting to great extent 🙂

Labels (2)

Roy_9
Motivator

@saurabhtathode Have you installed ODBC drivers on the server?

Drivers needs to be downloaded and place in driver's directory under the Power BI app? My guess.

0 Karma

ekretsch
Engager

I am experiencing the same problem. Was there any resolution to this one?

0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

@ekretsch Have you installed ODBC drivers on the server?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...