Security

/opt/splunk/bin/splunkd: error while loading shared libraries: libmongoc-1.0.so.0

rauldevilla

Hi Guys.

I just installed splunk into a server with Ubuntu 14 OS. When I run sudo ./splunk start --accept-license I get the exception:

/opt/splunk/bin/splunkd: error while loading shared libraries: libmongoc-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/opt/splunk/bin/splunkd: error while loading shared libraries: libmongoc-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Did not find "disabled" setting of "kvstore" stanza in server bundle.

Some ideas for solving my problem?

0 Karma

dperre_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Just in case someone else comes across this issue, the way I fixed this was to run 'sudo chown -R splunk:splunk /opt/splunk.

The issue started when I ran a setcap command.

awkngrep

running splunkd start instead of splunk start can cause libmongoc errors, per the answer here: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/46123/unable-to-install-splunk-4-3-1-119532-linux-i686.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...