Security

Splunk enterprise webserver not available after SSL install

afolabia
Path Finder

I'm doing a new install on a Linux Centos 7 VM . We have our own CA that issue our certs. After installing my SSL Certs and creating the web.conf in system/local to use the certs, and restarting splunk i get Waiting for web server at https://127.0.0.1:8000 to be available... and then web server not available. If I point back to web.conf in default, the error goes away and splunk is available. SSL is enable and port is also included in the .conf file. What am i missing?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

afolabia
Path Finder

Thanks. It was a certificate issue. I had to extract the keys and convert the cert.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

afolabia
Path Finder

Thanks. It was a certificate issue. I had to extract the keys and convert the cert.

0 Karma

skalliger
Motivator

If the web server is not starting, it's most likely due to an error with either the certificate/the certificate chain or in decrypting it. Please take a look into the splunkd.log - there should be ERRORs visible saying why the web server can't start.

Skalli

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...