Security

Logging Out of Splunk

itsmevic
Communicator

Hello,

I feel super dumb asking this question, but how does one log out of Splunk when there isn't an option under my profile name at the top to do so?  This isn't the free version but 7.3.3.  

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

dindu
Contributor

Hi,

As a workaround, you could invoke logout by modifying the URL.
Please modify the browser URL as below.

<your_host_name>:8000/en-US/account/logout 

Please try and let us know. Also, raise a case with Splunk regarding the log out button.

View solution in original post

nsanzar_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you using SAML?  If so, you may NOT have SLO configured correctly.  Double check the SLO URL and if you still have the issue, please create a Splunk Case.

0 Karma

dindu
Contributor

Hi,

As a workaround, you could invoke logout by modifying the URL.
Please modify the browser URL as below.

<your_host_name>:8000/en-US/account/logout 

Please try and let us know. Also, raise a case with Splunk regarding the log out button.

PavelP
Motivator

so you have a login form where you have to enter your username and the password and a user preferences menu on the top, which should usually contain three options: Account Settings, Preferences and Logout. All of them are present except of Logout option?

alt text

Can you double check your license? Settings > Licensing

Are you the only one user on this Splunk?

Have the logout option been ever available or is it missing from the start?

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @itsmevic,
it's strange that you haven't the logout option under the username because there isn't a feature to enable this option that shuold be always enabled!

the only thing I can think is:, what browser are you using, Explorer? which version?
try with a different one and see if you have the same problem.
Then try with a different user on the same browser.

You could also open a case to Splunk Support.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...