Security

LDAP in SPLUNK

bellaed
Path Finder

Did use of LDAP can help me to avoid using splunk credentials?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

hi bellaed

yes, it does. BUT using LDAP is not equal SSO, you still have to enter a password. This password is then LDAP based instead an splunk> internal password.

cheers,
MuS

View solution in original post

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

hi bellaed

yes, it does. BUT using LDAP is not equal SSO, you still have to enter a password. This password is then LDAP based instead an splunk> internal password.

cheers,
MuS

Drainy
Champion

But to be clear, you do this through the same login page that you would see at the moment.

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

if you're using LDAP in splunk, then you replace splunks internal authentication by LDAP authentication.

0 Karma

bellaed
Path Finder

if i am using LDAP, can i use it before the splunk page load or is it just a replacement of login authentication page?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...