Reporting

Unable to schedule report using sendmail

Navanitha
Path Finder

My sendmail search is working fine in GUI but when i try to schedule a report with sendmail in my search query, I am not getting any email.
Can someone guide me to fix this?

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Navanitha
Path Finder

index=prod_ironport "client@z.com" "ready" "MID"|stats count | sendemail to="xxx@z.com" from=yyy@z.com cc=www.@z.com format= text inline= true sendresults=true server="our server name"

looks something like this..replaced with dummy mails ids 😉

0 Karma

srinathd
Contributor

when you save your search query "index=prod_ironport "client@z.com" "ready" "MID"|stats count" as a saved search, you can also schedule email alert. you can edit email settings and provide the mail id's there instead of giving them in the search query.

0 Karma

Navanitha
Path Finder

yes I can schedule the email alerts but here my requirement is to change the from address for this particular project. If i have to schedule the email and change the from address in my scrip, that would effect all the email which I don't want. for only this particular query I want the results to be sent with a different from address. Hence I am trying to use "sendmail". Hope you understood my requirement.

0 Karma

srinathd
Contributor

Sendmail command works only in search bar of splunk. check this link http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.3/Alert/Setupalertactions#Configure_email_notificati...

0 Karma

srinathd
Contributor

Can you post your query here. It will help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...