Reporting

selectors in reports

SanthoshSreshta
Contributor

Hi all

I am not at all aware of splunk. Just started to learn by own. I am unable to create interactive report like, I am able to select the company name but below that corresponding values are not changing. I have used Query as : SELECT companyName as Company_Name,sum(ActualPrinAmtFCY) Amount from DWH_CONTRACT_STATIC INNER JOIN DWH_COMPANY ON (DWH_CONTRACT_STATIC.CoCode=DWH_COMPANY.CompanyCode) group by companyName.

Do I need any further corrections. Please help me out. I have struggling from 1 week and I have used query in selector ( Dropdown ) as elect companyname from dwh_company.

Please suggest and correct if I am wrong.

Thanks a million.

Regards,
Santhosh.

0 Karma
1 Solution

laserval
Communicator

It sounds to me like you want to filter your results by a company name that you select in a dropdown list. If you are using the dashboard editor in Splunk 6+, there should be a "token" field in the edit box for your dropdown. To use the value from the dropdown, you add the token from the dropdown in your search with $ surrounding

An example:

Let's say you have a dropdown with the values INFO, ERROR and *. The dropdown uses the token token1. You can have a chart dynamically update based on this dropdown by using a search string like this:

index=_internal log_level=$token1$

Does that help you?

P.S. Could you paste the search string that you are using? Are you using DB Connect?

View solution in original post

laserval
Communicator

It sounds to me like you want to filter your results by a company name that you select in a dropdown list. If you are using the dashboard editor in Splunk 6+, there should be a "token" field in the edit box for your dropdown. To use the value from the dropdown, you add the token from the dropdown in your search with $ surrounding

An example:

Let's say you have a dropdown with the values INFO, ERROR and *. The dropdown uses the token token1. You can have a chart dynamically update based on this dropdown by using a search string like this:

index=_internal log_level=$token1$

Does that help you?

P.S. Could you paste the search string that you are using? Are you using DB Connect?

SanthoshSreshta
Contributor

Hi Iaserval,

I need from both, DB and CSV file.
for CSV, search string I have used is : sourcetype="Churn Data_CSV" Churn="*" | stats count(Churn) by state
I have added drop down. Can you say me the procedure for " As per the selection of Churn , the below chart should change. Churn contains TRUE and FALSE as its values. In the chart there is count for Churn based on each state.

Regards,
Santhosh.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...