Reporting

Trying to accelerate data model, never stops building

mjones414
Contributor

I've been trying to build a 7 day data model and have yet to successfully get the acceleration progress to move beyond building. The buckets and size are always 0 and its been over 15 hours. How can I troubleshoot the acceleration and identify what the problem is?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

aneels_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There are a number of things that might be going on here. Does your data model contain event-based objects? Splunk only accelerated the first event-based object in a model, and its descendants. Search-based and Transaction-based objects can't be accelerated. (See the docs for more info.)

If you haven't already, you can also try disabling acceleration, making a trivial edit on your data model (e.g. add a field via eval) and then re-enabling. This ought to reset the acceleration.

View solution in original post

aneels_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There are a number of things that might be going on here. Does your data model contain event-based objects? Splunk only accelerated the first event-based object in a model, and its descendants. Search-based and Transaction-based objects can't be accelerated. (See the docs for more info.)

If you haven't already, you can also try disabling acceleration, making a trivial edit on your data model (e.g. add a field via eval) and then re-enabling. This ought to reset the acceleration.

mjones414
Contributor

So then, if I were to accelerate different types of data that come from the same indexes, this becomes problematic because I have to add all the Auto-Extracted events to the root event and manually hide each one on the child events because auto-extracted is greyed out on child events.

Wouldnt that ultimately make a data storage nightmare for me if I were to break these indexes out multiple times in their own data models just because I want them accelerated?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...