Reporting

How to correlate log collection with specific Windows eventcode?

nicolsa
Observer

Hello,

I'm trying to find a search to correlate (graph overlay) log collect with specific windows eventcode (4608 for windows is starting up ; 6005 :The event log service was started 6006 The Event log service was stopped)

like this 

host=machine | timechart count by host

and the other part would be 

host=machine EventCode=4608 OR EventCode=6005 OR EventCode=6006  | timechart count by EventCode

I'm a little bit lost with appendcols /append/ join ...

How can I do this? Thank you for your help

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I believe the below search you shared should give you what you are expecting.

<p>host=machine EventCode=4608 OR EventCode=6005 OR EventCode=6006  | timechart count by EventCode</p>

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

nicolsa
Observer

I'm searching to have a chart overlay. A curve representing the log collection (log event count) of the universal forwarder machine, and a column chart for windows eventcode for the same universal forwarder. the x-axis would be _time

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

host=machine EventCode=4608 OR EventCode=6005 OR EventCode=6006  | chart count over _time by EventCode

click on visualization format option go to y-axis choose count as chart overlay.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
What is the desired output?
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...