Reporting

Dashboards that power reports

WanLohnston
Explorer

Hi all, 

I was wondering if anyone could help with hopefully a simple question. I have a dashboard that is used to power a report that sends a pdf to a number of individuals via email but we're looking to extract some further data and I was wondering if I just simply edit the existing dashboard with a few more searches will that reflect in the report? 

Cheers,

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To be pedantic, reports power dashboards rather than the other way around.  What you call a "report" is merely scheduled emailing of a dashboard.

Yes, you can modify the dashboard and those edits should be reflected in the email.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

WanLohnston
Explorer

Ahh my mistake, which makes what I was reading in the documentation make much more sense thank you! I'll also accept this as the solution, apologies for my ignorance! 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To be pedantic, reports power dashboards rather than the other way around.  What you call a "report" is merely scheduled emailing of a dashboard.

Yes, you can modify the dashboard and those edits should be reflected in the email.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...