Reporting

Dashboards that power reports

WanLohnston
Explorer

Hi all, 

I was wondering if anyone could help with hopefully a simple question. I have a dashboard that is used to power a report that sends a pdf to a number of individuals via email but we're looking to extract some further data and I was wondering if I just simply edit the existing dashboard with a few more searches will that reflect in the report? 

Cheers,

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To be pedantic, reports power dashboards rather than the other way around.  What you call a "report" is merely scheduled emailing of a dashboard.

Yes, you can modify the dashboard and those edits should be reflected in the email.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

WanLohnston
Explorer

Ahh my mistake, which makes what I was reading in the documentation make much more sense thank you! I'll also accept this as the solution, apologies for my ignorance! 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To be pedantic, reports power dashboards rather than the other way around.  What you call a "report" is merely scheduled emailing of a dashboard.

Yes, you can modify the dashboard and those edits should be reflected in the email.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...