#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Total Karma Points not updating properly

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Community Owners/Moderators,

It looks like Total Karma point is not updating properly. Based on my "Karma History" my karma point is 1097, however in my profile total karma point displaying 1077. So only I am affected with this or other members also affected?

Thanks,
Harshil

Tags (1)
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@harsmarvania57, I also noticed some incorrect calculations in karma points and was told it happens due to sync between servers. If you wait, it will get corrected on its own. Meanwhile keep answering 🙂

View solution in original post

niketn
Legend

@harsmarvania57, I also noticed some incorrect calculations in karma points and was told it happens due to sync between servers. If you wait, it will get corrected on its own. Meanwhile keep answering 🙂

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@niketnilay will you please convert your first comment as answer?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@harsmarvania57, I have converted 🙂

Super Champion

Hi niketnilay,
How many Karma points do we need to be able to post images?

niketn
Legend

@493669, you can also upload to any image sharing site and then just share the URL if you are not able to upload the Image

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunkbase/splunkbase/Answers/HowtoearnKarma
Attach files - 60

to post images, you will need 60 karma points. i see you already have 65 karma points.
you can post images (when you post a question, or write answers, you can post images. on "comments" you can not upload images, only links of images can be added to comments )

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

i see the recent karma point you received was "6 hours ago". i think it takes bit more time, lets say 12hrs, to get karma points updated.
the users's page also-
https://answers.splunk.com/users/index.html

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thanks for your input. If we consider that it will take more time then based on last karma point which I got, that is 15 points and based on total karma which is displaying 1077 then it will be 1092 which is not correct, it should be 1097.

I suspect some bug but I'll definitely wait for 12 hours as you mentioned.

Thanks,
Harshil

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...