#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Need help stopping Splunk Answers from reformatting data

bradj013
Explorer

I am trying to post a question in Splunk Answers that contains odd line numbers and some backslashes. For example:

2.4 First line
2.5 Second line
2.6 Third line

I typed "2.4 First line", "2.5 Second line", "2.6 Third line" and the forum is rounding my numbers (according to the preview). I also have some data that has odd character sequences in it and the forum is breaking it up and putting part of it in a box. I guess in am looking for a text only mode with no fancy formatting or numbering.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The forum is similar to a wiki page in that it tries to format the text for easy reading based on what you type. Obviously, it's not getting it right. See https://answers.splunk.com/static/markdown/help.html for how what you type affects the formatting. To prevent format changes, put your text into a code box by highlighting and then clicking the "101010" icon.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@ppablo_splunk

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...