Other Usage

Rename a field in eval condition

man03359
Communicator

Hi All, I am relatively new to splunk.

I am trying to build a search query and below is the condition of the query-

| eval status=if(((src="DB_Rebuild_Indexes_UpdateStats_MDM" OR src="DB_Stop_IndexRebuild_Jobs") AND (JobExecTime>39600 OR message="failed")) 
OR (src="RetailAutonomyDataSync" AND (JobExecTime>21600 OR message="failed"))
OR (src="RetailAutonomyPromotionsDataSync" AND (JobExecTime>4000 OR message="failed"))
OR (src="retailautonomyfileage" AND (((Fname="mdmdat" OR Fname="omsdat") AND Age>240) OR (Fname="promodat" AND Age>120)))
OR (src="retaillineitemdup" AND Count>0)
OR (src="esbmessagecount" AND MsgCount>5),"Down","Up")

| stats count count(eval(status="Down")) AS Down latest(_time) as _time BY Device Store src host Chain StoreNum Domain

I am facing problem in line no 4 which is -

(src="retailautonomyfileage" AND (((Fname="mdmdat" OR Fname="omsdat") AND Age>240) OR (Fname="promodat" AND Age>120)))It is reading all 3 filenames as one (Fname).

The source "retailautonomyfileage has 3 filenames (Fname="mdmdat" , Fname="omsdat", Fname="promodat")

and when I do the stats count, not sure why it is counting the sum of all 3  filenames altogether in the output (18 instead of 6)-

Output-

DeviceStoresrchostChainStoreNumDomaincount
stp-020sql1stp0020DB_Rebuild_Indexes_UpdateStats_MDMstp-020sql1.stp.localstp20stp.local6
stp-020sql1stp0020DB_Stop_IndexRebuild_Jobsstp-020sql1.stp.localstp20stp.local6
stp-020sql1stp0020RetailAutonomyDataSyncstp-020sql1.stp.localstp20stp.local6
stp-020sql1stp0020RetailAutonomyPromotionsDataSyncstp-020sql1.stp.localstp20stp.local6
stp-020sql1stp0020esbmessagecountstp-020sql1.stp.localstp20stp.local6
stp-020sql1stp0020retailautonomyfileagestp-020sql1.stp.localstp20stp.local18
stp-020sql1stp0020retaillineitemdupstp-020sql1.stp.localstp20stp.local6
stp-089sql1stp0089DB_Rebuild_Indexes_UpdateStats_MDMstp-089sql1.stp.localstp89stp.local6
stp-089sql1stp0089DB_Stop_IndexRebuild_Jobsstp-089sql1.stp.localstp89stp.local6

I am trying to break it into 3 lines under the search query . eg 

(src="retailautonomyfileage1") AND (Fname="mdmdat" AND Age>240)) 

(src="retailautonomyfileage2" AND (Fname="omsdat" AND Age>240))

(src="retailautonomyfileage3" AND (Fname="promodat" AND Age>120))

Not sure how I can obtain that. Please help.

Thanks in Advance.

Labels (3)
Tags (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If I understand correctly, you could try something like this:

| eval src=case(src="retailautonomyfileage" AND Fname="mdmdat", "retailautonomyfileage1", src="retailautonomyfileage" AND Fname="omsdat", "retailautonomyfileage2", src="retailautonomyfileage" AND Fname="promodat", "retailautonomyfileage3", true(), src)
| eval status=if(((src="DB_Rebuild_Indexes_UpdateStats_MDM" OR src="DB_Stop_IndexRebuild_Jobs") AND (JobExecTime>39600 OR message="failed")) 
OR (src="RetailAutonomyPromotionsDataSync" AND (JobExecTime>4000 OR message="failed"))
OR ((src="retailautonomyfileage1" OR src="retailautonomyfileage2") AND Age>240) OR (src="retailautonomyfileage3" AND Age>120)

| stats count count(eval(status="Down")) AS Down latest(_time) as _time BY Device Store src host Chain StoreNum Domain

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If I understand correctly, you could try something like this:

| eval src=case(src="retailautonomyfileage" AND Fname="mdmdat", "retailautonomyfileage1", src="retailautonomyfileage" AND Fname="omsdat", "retailautonomyfileage2", src="retailautonomyfileage" AND Fname="promodat", "retailautonomyfileage3", true(), src)
OR ((src="retailautonomyfileage1" OR src="retailautonomyfileage2") AND Age>240) OR (src="retailautonomyfileage3" AND Age>120)

man03359
Communicator

This worked, thanks a lot 🙂

Good day.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @man03359,

as I already asked, do you have the same issue also dividing the eval command by src?

| eval status=if(((src="DB_Rebuild_Indexes_UpdateStats_MDM" OR src="DB_Stop_IndexRebuild_Jobs") AND (JobExecTime>39600 OR message="failed")) ,"Down","Up")
| eval status=if(src="RetailAutonomyDataSync" AND (JobExecTime>21600 OR message="failed")),"Down","Up") 
| eval status=if(src="RetailAutonomyPromotionsDataSync" AND (JobExecTime>4000 OR message="failed")),"Down","Up")
| eval status=if(src="retailautonomyfileage" AND (((Fname="mdmdat" OR Fname="omsdat") AND Age>240) OR (Fname="promodat" AND Age>120))),"Down","Up")
| eval status=if(src="retaillineitemdup" AND Count>0),"Down","Up")
| eval status=if(src="esbmessagecount" AND MsgCount>5),"Down","Up")

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...