Knowledge Management

Why arent my props/transforms extracting

tkw03
Communicator

Hello

I have a field extraction set to extract headers from .txt files. I added the props and transforms to the indexers as well as the search heads but for some reason it isnt working.

My props on indexers and search heads:

[storage:data:updated]
CHARSET=UTF-8
DATETIME_CONFIG=CURRENT
LINE_BREAKER=([\r\n]+)
NO_BINARY_CHECK=null
SHOULD_LINEMERGE=false
disabled=false
pulldown_type=true
TRANSFORMS-splitfieldsv2 = storage-fieldsv2

And my transforms

[storage-fieldsv2]
CLEAN_KEYS = 0
REGEX = ^ *(?<Type>directory|file) +(?<AppliesTo>[^ ]+) +(?<Path>.+) +(?<Snap>[^ ]+) +(?<Hard>[^ ]+) +(?<Soft>[^ ]+) +(?<Adv>[^ ]+) +(?<Used>[^ ]+) +(?<Efficiency>\d+\.\d+\s\:\s\d+) *$

I know the extraction is right as I created by testing in my regex tester.

But for some reason this isnt working in testing. The only place I havent added this is to the UF since I was testing manually before adding tio the UF and sending the data? 

Any idea why this isnt working?

Hers a sample of the .txt file:

Type      AppliesTo  Path                             Snap  Hard    Soft  Adv    Used  Efficiency
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
directory DEFAULT    /ifs/data/stuff/T1000-Reports No    100.00M -     99.00M 53.00 0.00 : 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: 1

Thanks for the assistance

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you restart the indexers and search heads after modifying the config files?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

tkw03
Communicator

Well, I pushed the apps via the Cluster Masters(SH and indexer) So I would assume it restarted as necessary. I'll rolling restart my test env to make sure though.

0 Karma

tkw03
Communicator

Restart was not the issue

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...