Knowledge Management

PRTG connector

NogNeetMachinaa
Explorer

Hi *,
Somebody out there already found a way to connect to PRTG (Paessler) ?

Grtz - Will

Tags (1)

heybails88
Path Finder

Hi Dominique,

I'm specifically trying to get the API to work in Splunk. I have all of our index servers loaded with the app. I have a user built on both sides, and I have the prtg.conf file configured with port 443 as well. I think it needs to specifically gather from the "live data" api on PRTG? Maybe not. But what do I add from the api on prtg to the prtg.conf file (or maybe the searchbnf.conf file?) to make that connection? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Karma

heybails88
Path Finder

Hi Dominique,

I'm specifically trying to get the API to work in Splunk. I have all of our index servers loaded with the app. I have a user built on both sides, and I have the prtg.conf file configured with port 443 as well. I think it needs to specifically gather from the "live data" api on PRTG? Maybe not. But what do I add from the api on prtg to the prtg.conf file (or maybe the searchbnf.conf file?) to make that connection? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Karma

lfedak_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @heybails88, Can you repost this comment as a new question? Happy Splunking!

0 Karma

heybails88
Path Finder

Sure...thought I should've done that anyway.

0 Karma

dominiquevocat
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Um, i am writing (spare time) a inptucommand that gathers stuff from the http interface. What would be the stuff you'd like to get from PRTG?

ppriebusch

Hi,

I have already asked Paessler if they will provide the PRTG logs via syslog.
But they wont't do this.

0 Karma

dominiquevocat
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

you should be able to get notable events via api. maybe you can say what exactly you need? Maybe have a loot at ta-prtg....

manderson7
Contributor

I'd love getting my prtg data into splunk.

0 Karma

NogNeetMachinaa
Explorer

Thanks for the response.
I was more looking along the lines of accessing its database with (for example) performance details.

Anyone?

0 Karma

sajbutler
Path Finder

Any luck with this? I'm looking into Splunk-PRTG integration at the moment and was hoping not to have to re-invent the wheel if possible.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...