Installation

[devtutorial] - Cannot setup sample data bundle?

jakegoodman01

Hi,

I am trying to use Splunk for the first time and I am not able to complete the devtutorial.

I successfully created an app called "Dev Tutorial" (instructions). 

Then I followed these instructions and setup an index called "devtutorial" (which I enabled), installed the "Eventgen" app (which appears in my app directory as "SA-Eventgen"), navigated to "Settings >> Data Inputs >> Eventgen" and enabled the "modinput_eventgen" source type, downloaded sample_bundle and changed the index to "devtutorial", I refeshed Splunk by using this link: http://localhost:8000/debug/refresh.

But, when I go to my "Dev Tutorial" app and search for "index="devtutorial" ", no events show up. Also when I go to the "SA-Eventgen" app itself, I get no data:

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 6.21.06 PM.png

Can I get some help with this please?

Labels (5)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...