Installation

How do I Install/configure IT essentials Work and remove unneeded components?

Hudond
Path Finder

Hello

I have a question about installing and configuring IT Essentials Works 4.11.3 and removing some of the out of the box functions in a windows environment.

History:

We currently have Splunk running on a windows 2012 server that is being decommissioned.  So we are looking at moving it to a new MS 2019 server.

One of the apps we used in the past was Windows add on infrastructure and we noticed that it has been "decommissioned"  for lack of a better word and replaced with IT essentials works.

We noticed after installing the add-on there were many functions that out of the box we will never need, eg: VMWare, Nix, etc....   We wish to focus on the Windows components of IT essentials and remove the rest. 

Because of the many components of IT essentials ( eg: DA_ITSI_EUEM.... DA_ITSI_LB....  SA_ITSI_ATSA.... etc)

It is unclear what is the best approach to remove the unnecessary components.

We were unable to find any data online or in the answers as to how to best approach this.

Any information that can be provided would be beneficial

Thank you

Dan

Is there anyone that has edited the IT essentials add on to use just what they need and remove the unnecessary components for efficiency?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

angusb
Engager

Just wanted to bump this one - saw there were no replies and keen to get an answer myself. The impact of all these unnecessary components has been significant.

Thanks!

0 Karma

Hudond
Path Finder

Good Morning

The only reference I could find to assist in avoiding performance issues was the following entry in the ITE Integrations manual, by disabling saved searches.   

Performance-issue-Avoidance.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...