Installation

[devtutorial] - Cannot setup sample data bundle?

jakegoodman01

Hi,

I am trying to use Splunk for the first time and I am not able to complete the devtutorial.

I successfully created an app called "Dev Tutorial" (instructions). 

Then I followed these instructions and setup an index called "devtutorial" (which I enabled), installed the "Eventgen" app (which appears in my app directory as "SA-Eventgen"), navigated to "Settings >> Data Inputs >> Eventgen" and enabled the "modinput_eventgen" source type, downloaded sample_bundle and changed the index to "devtutorial", I refeshed Splunk by using this link: http://localhost:8000/debug/refresh.

But, when I go to my "Dev Tutorial" app and search for "index="devtutorial" ", no events show up. Also when I go to the "SA-Eventgen" app itself, I get no data:

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 6.21.06 PM.png

Can I get some help with this please?

Labels (5)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...