Installation

Splunk Licensing

Communicator

Can I use my enterprise license to setup two license masters ? I'm having an issues in opening up the ports between the production and development instances to share the licenses. Is there any other way so that I can share my license?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

No, you cannot split a single license in 2 license-masters.

If you need 2 separate licenses :
Ask your "authorized contact" to create a support case and ask for the license to be splited in 2 keys (precise the way the volume has to be cut and attach the original license to split)

View solution in original post

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I realise this question is quite old, but for those viewing this answer today I would recommend getting a developer license:

10GB Developer licenses are available to everyone and can be requested using this form: https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/dev_license - the approval process is manually and we will typically be able to process requests within 2-3 days. If you haven't received your license within this time, please reach out to devinfo@splunk.com

50GB Personalized Dev/Test licenses are available to users associated with accounts with a paid Splunk Enterprise or Splunk Cloud license of any size and can be requested here: https://splunk.com/dev-test - the approval process is automated, so if you encounter any issues please reach out to your Splunk sales representative.

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

No, you cannot split a single license in 2 license-masters.

If you need 2 separate licenses :
Ask your "authorized contact" to create a support case and ask for the license to be splited in 2 keys (precise the way the volume has to be cut and attach the original license to split)

View solution in original post

Communicator

Thanks for the reply

0 Karma

Explorer

You have to contact Splunk Support to split a single Splunk license on two independent ones. Then you could be able to manage two licenses separately.

0 Karma