Installation

Older Splunk Universal Forwarder Releases

wiliansilva
Engager

Hello everyone
I am in need of some old Splunk Universal Forwarder installers, do we have these installers?
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard (32-bit)

Best Regards.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jho-splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @wiliansilva,

2008 R2 and 2012 are supported by 7.2, which may be downloaded from here: https://www.splunk.com/en_us/download/previous-releases/universalforwarder.html

For 2003 you have two options, you can request an old version of the UF from Support, or you can try running one of the newer ones.  It won't be supported, but it might work (unfortunately I don't have a 2003 VM where I can test).

Good luck!

Cheers,

- Jo.

View solution in original post

wiliansilva
Engager

Team,

Thanks everyone for your help, I have already contacted support by email requested the 2003 versions.

Best Regards

0 Karma

jho-splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @wiliansilva,

2008 R2 and 2012 are supported by 7.2, which may be downloaded from here: https://www.splunk.com/en_us/download/previous-releases/universalforwarder.html

For 2003 you have two options, you can request an old version of the UF from Support, or you can try running one of the newer ones.  It won't be supported, but it might work (unfortunately I don't have a 2003 VM where I can test).

Good luck!

Cheers,

- Jo.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

None of those versions are supported and they may not work with recent indexer versions.  If you still want them, try contacting Splunk support.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...