Installation

Installation issue

gogisetty

I am trying to install the free version to try this and getting this below errors.
It says Data1.cab is corrupt. Error 1335

0 Karma

smoothfusionadm

We are running Splunk 6.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit. When I downloaded the 6.0.1 update and tried to install it, I had the same thing happen. The error:

Error 1335. The cabinet file 'Data.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used.

If you Ignore it, it gives this error:
Error 2350.FDI server error

Retrying doesn't do anything, aborting is the only option. Now my splunk service will not start, the error is: Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

Help please. Thanks!
Gary

0 Karma

ffn_splunk

Hello, got the same issue here when UPGRADING to 6.0.1.

I downloaded the setup file again, and now it stops when installing Splunk services with following error message:

Splunk Installer was unable to create Splunk Services.
Please make sure that the user running the installer has the correct pfivileges, including being able to create Windows services. Exitcode='1'

Any help will be much appreciated!
Thanks and regards,
Flavio.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Did you try downloading again?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...