Installation

Complete rebuild of Splunk question

jerrythoms
Explorer

We have a perpetual license and are currently running an on prem set up of version 7 (windows) on several servers.

We want to create a new splunk environment in our private cloud.

Can i download the free trial and then copy my license to that ? Would it be an issue with that being 9

Can i just copy the license file from our License master in our current environment and move it over?

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Technically, yes, that is what you would do since licenses are not version-specific. You should, however, check the terms of the license to confirm it can be used in two environments at the same time (I'm guessing it's not allowed).

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Technically, yes, that is what you would do since licenses are not version-specific. You should, however, check the terms of the license to confirm it can be used in two environments at the same time (I'm guessing it's not allowed).

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

jerrythoms
Explorer

Thanks so muck. I intend to have the older version turn off before i turn the new one on

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...