Getting Data In

issue with batch input that has stopped working

ebaileytu
Communicator

We have a long standing batch input that has stopped working. No matter how i change the input including pointing the input directly at a singe file, nothing changes. Any way to get more information? Right now I have no information about why the files are not being ingested anymore. Can I change a logging config to get more info? 

I have cleared the fishbucket with no changes. We are using the 7.3.3 UF.

I do notice more latency when i ls the file. Could the shared file system be too slow? 

I am baffled so any ideas are more than welcome. 

Thanks!

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

ebaileytu
Communicator

i turned the debug logs on but that just confirmed Splunk is ignoring the files even though the paths are present in list monitor. Just opened a case.  Thanks

0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ebaileytu 

There could be several possibilities,

• check _internal index, splunkd sourcetype for any errors
  • ./splunk list monitor to find what files being monitored, make sure files having enough read permissions for splunk uf to read
  • Enable these debug flags if required - Community:Troubleshooting Monitor Inputs - Splunk Wiki

See file tail processor state command - 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...