Getting Data In

host writting to 2 diff indexes

pavanbmishra
Path Finder

Just came across a scenario where a window server was writing to 2 diff indexes reported. What parameters needs to look into here and how to get the rid of that. Please suggest SMEs. Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Karma

pavanbmishra
Path Finder

Ohh OK, thanks richgalloway

Also if i would like to make changes to indexes.conf on all those server how can i leverage the DS here please.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sorry, I typed indexes.conf when I meant to type inputs.conf.  I've fixed my original reply.

Yes, you can and should use the DS to update inputs.conf on all forwarders.

First, of course, your forwarders must be set up to talk to the DS.  After that, just make changes to inputs.conf in your deployed app and it will automatically update on the forwarders.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What you describe sounds vaguely normal.  It's commonplace for any given server to send data to more than one index.

The destination index of the data should be in the inputs.conf file(s) on the source server.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...