Getting Data In

csv couldn't be opened for reading

zacksoft
Contributor

My csv is placed on desktop
So I am using | inputcsv "C:/Users/JM/Desktop/rap.csv"
Splunk is not able to read. It says the csv couldn't be opened for reading.
I tried this before couple of months back with a similar .csv and it had worked. not sure why is it not working this time...unable to figure out why it is unable to read.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

koshyk
Super Champion

You need to upload the CSV into Splunk
1. Via GUI => Just navigate to splunkURL/manager/search/lookups and upload the CSV. Put a name to it (like rap.csv)
Give permissions accordingly if you want to share to other users.

Then in the GUI, just do a

|inputlookup rap.csv

2.If you want to do it via backend, ensure that you upload the CSV via GUI. It normally comes to an app (like search app) or your own app. Just update the CSV in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/<your_app>/lookups/rap.csv

View solution in original post

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

You need to upload the CSV into Splunk
1. Via GUI => Just navigate to splunkURL/manager/search/lookups and upload the CSV. Put a name to it (like rap.csv)
Give permissions accordingly if you want to share to other users.

Then in the GUI, just do a

|inputlookup rap.csv

2.If you want to do it via backend, ensure that you upload the CSV via GUI. It normally comes to an app (like search app) or your own app. Just update the CSV in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/<your_app>/lookups/rap.csv

0 Karma

zacksoft
Contributor

Thank you very much.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...