Getting Data In

Why am I seeing "Authentication failed" in the Distributed Management Console for search peers added using CLI commands in a script?

kimche
Path Finder

Hi all,

I add the search peers by using the CLI commands in a script. When I check the Distributed Management Console UI, I see that the status for all of them is "Authentication failed". The credentials provided are correct. If I delete them and re-add them manually (I just copy the exact servername:port) they are instantly "Up". What extra step am I missing in my script to have them up instantly?

Thanks,

Kimche

0 Karma
1 Solution

kimche
Path Finder

This problem has been solved once I edited the distsearch.conf with distributed search groups with other names ([distributedSearch:dmc_group_indexer] instead of [distributedSearch:indexer]). After that all the instances were Up again.

View solution in original post

kimche
Path Finder

This problem has been solved once I edited the distsearch.conf with distributed search groups with other names ([distributedSearch:dmc_group_indexer] instead of [distributedSearch:indexer]). After that all the instances were Up again.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...