Getting Data In

Why am I Not able access logs in splunk docker image?

icanwin

Whenever I am trying to login to splunk through docker image , the default user is ansible beacsue of that I am not able to access logs and var directory in splunk .
And not permitted to create a new directory too

kindly suggest.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

codebuilder
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You will need to update your makefile if building your own image, and set the Splunk user.
If using a Splunk supported image, set the Splunk user as a parameter in your run command (-e "SPLUNK_USER=splunk"), e.g.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma

rxgampa
Loves-to-Learn

I added  SPLUNK_USER=splunk to the docker-compose yml file and restarted the container. 

Here is the environment. 

[ansible@28f74f55c15a splunk]$ env

LANG=C.utf8

HOSTNAME=28f74f55c15a

ANSIBLE_USER=ansible

SPLUNK_HEC_TOKEN=test1234

container=oci

SPLUNK_HOME=/opt/splunk

SCLOUD_URL=https://github.com/splunk/splunk-cloud-sdk-go/releases/download/v1.11.1/scloud_v7.1.0_linux_amd64.ta...

CONTAINER_ARTIFACT_DIR=/opt/container_artifact

PWD=/opt/splunk

HOME=/home/ansible

SPLUNK_DEFAULTS_URL=

SPLUNK_GROUP=splunk

SPLUNK_ANSIBLE_HOME=/opt/ansible

TERM=xterm

SPLUNK_ROLE=splunk_standalone

SPLUNK_PASSWORD=A#123#aaa

PYTHON_GPG_KEY_ID=####

TMPSPLUNKDIR=/opt/splunk/tmp

PYTHON_VERSION=3.7.10

ANSIBLE_GROUP=ansible

SPLUNK_START_ARGS=--accept-license

TMPETCDIR=/opt/splunk/tmp/etc

SHLVL=1

SPLUNK_USER=splunk

PATH=/home/ansible/.local/bin:/home/ansible/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

_=/usr/bin/env

[ansible@28f74f55c15a splunk]$ whoami

ansible

There is no change in from ansible to splunk. Due to this unable to browse some /opt/splunk files as facing persmission issue. Not sure what other changed needed to environment file. Please check 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...