Getting Data In

Who is forwarding data

bc_unixadm
Explorer

How can I tell which servers in my enterprise are forwarding to the master server. We do automated installs of vm's and splunk is automated to install and start but I would like to have a picture or list from within the app to show that I am receiving data from the servers after installation.

Thanks Mark

Tags (1)
2 Solutions

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

one way is to run the following search to give an idea of which hosts are fowarding how many events

* | chart count(host) by host

Run this over the last 15 minutes.

View solution in original post

kbecker
Communicator
  1. This will give you a list of the hosts that Splunk knows about... | metadata type=hosts | fields host

View solution in original post

kbecker
Communicator
  1. This will give you a list of the hosts that Splunk knows about... | metadata type=hosts | fields host

bc_unixadm
Explorer

Both solutions work.. Thanks to both.

0 Karma

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

one way is to run the following search to give an idea of which hosts are fowarding how many events

* | chart count(host) by host

Run this over the last 15 minutes.

bc_unixadm
Explorer

Both solutions work, thanks very much has made my manual process automated.

0 Karma

bc_unixadm
Explorer

Solution is what I was looking for.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...