Getting Data In

Who is forwarding data

bc_unixadm
Explorer

How can I tell which servers in my enterprise are forwarding to the master server. We do automated installs of vm's and splunk is automated to install and start but I would like to have a picture or list from within the app to show that I am receiving data from the servers after installation.

Thanks Mark

Tags (1)
2 Solutions

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

one way is to run the following search to give an idea of which hosts are fowarding how many events

* | chart count(host) by host

Run this over the last 15 minutes.

View solution in original post

kbecker
Communicator
  1. This will give you a list of the hosts that Splunk knows about... | metadata type=hosts | fields host

View solution in original post

kbecker
Communicator
  1. This will give you a list of the hosts that Splunk knows about... | metadata type=hosts | fields host

bc_unixadm
Explorer

Both solutions work.. Thanks to both.

0 Karma

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

one way is to run the following search to give an idea of which hosts are fowarding how many events

* | chart count(host) by host

Run this over the last 15 minutes.

bc_unixadm
Explorer

Both solutions work, thanks very much has made my manual process automated.

0 Karma

bc_unixadm
Explorer

Solution is what I was looking for.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...