Getting Data In

Where do I find data being collected for CPU, RAM in Splunk Ent. Data Inputs for my Windows & Unix hosts?

SamHTexas
Builder

Where do I find data being collected for CPU, RAM in Splunk Ent. Data Inputs for my Windows & Unix hosts? I need this as part of cutting the fat from the license usage. Is there a best practices document to trim such data that is either redundant or useless? Thank u

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check the inputs.conf files on your forwarders.  Turn off the performance inputs you don't need and increase the interval for those you still want.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

SamHTexas
Builder

Thank u sir. What u described has to be done via CLI I have learned. I also have found the the same under settings-->Data Inputs for local & remote sources. But I can not do much editing of the values you are talking about right? Can the settings & values be all changed via GUI as well? Please advise.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, you can use the GUI to change those settings, but if you have more than a couple of forwarders then all those clicks will be time consuming and error-prone.  Better to make the changes to an app (using the CLI - it's not a four-letter word) on your DS and push the new settings from there.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...