Getting Data In

Where can I locate Splunk Forwarder Previous Releases (Windows 2000)?

damcooleapl
Engager

Hi, I am in need for an older version of Splunk Universal Forwarder that works with Windows 2000.

Before anyone asks, this is for a specialized use case and no it cannot use a newer version of windows. I am well aware that Windows 2000 has been out of support from Microsoft for over a decade. This does not change the fact that I need some way to get logs from the Windows 2000 system to Splunk. Everything I am finding points to Forwarder version 5.0.17 being potentially the last version to include support for Windows 2000. Is this version (or any other compatible version) still available anywhere? The Previous Releases page only goes back to 7.1.1 currently.

Splunk Universal Forwarder Previous Releases | Splunk

Please, if you know where I can get a version I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Contact Splunk Support.  If that version is still available, they should be able to direct you to it.

Be aware, however, that UF 5 probably will not be able to communicate with your indexers.  You may one or more intermediate forwarders running versions between 5 and 9 (or whatever you run) until you get to one that can talk to your indexers.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...