Getting Data In

Upload File vs. Index-once Monitor File

morethanyell
Builder

upload vs monitor file (index once)

Would like to get some enlightenment on what's the difference between the two. TIA

0 Karma
1 Solution

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Upload would be for data that is on your local machine, while the monitor / index once option would be if the data is local to Splunk.

View solution in original post

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Upload would be for data that is on your local machine, while the monitor / index once option would be if the data is local to Splunk.

morethanyell
Builder

I understand tho that once I upload, say for example a CSV file, using Add Data > Upload OR Add Data > Monitor > Files & Directories > Index Once they're both written on the disk where Splunk deployed (as long as I use the same index). Is that right?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...