Getting Data In

Upload File vs. Index-once Monitor File

morethanyell
Builder

upload vs monitor file (index once)

Would like to get some enlightenment on what's the difference between the two. TIA

0 Karma
1 Solution

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Upload would be for data that is on your local machine, while the monitor / index once option would be if the data is local to Splunk.

View solution in original post

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Upload would be for data that is on your local machine, while the monitor / index once option would be if the data is local to Splunk.

morethanyell
Builder

I understand tho that once I upload, say for example a CSV file, using Add Data > Upload OR Add Data > Monitor > Files & Directories > Index Once they're both written on the disk where Splunk deployed (as long as I use the same index). Is that right?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...