Getting Data In

Universal forwarder upgrade

verifi81
Path Finder

hi all,

I need to upgrade the universal forwarder on a windows server. 

1. Can I just download the latest version of the universal forwarder and run it on top of the current installation or would it be better to uninstall the current first? 

2.Is there a way to initiate an upgrade from the current version?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @verifi81 ,

Version of Universal Forwarders depends on the version of the Indexer that has to receive data:

Indexer version must be equal or higher than Universal Forwarder.

You can upgrade UF only copying and running the setup on the target server, putting attention to the version of the upgrade and to the architecture (32/64 bit).

If you uninstall the previous, you have to repeat the configuration steps, if instead you over install it, you take all the old configurations, so it's better!

What do you mean with "Is there a way to initiate an upgrade from the current version?"?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...