Getting Data In

Splunk DB Connect not working with Splunk 8.0.0

eduardo1989
Path Finder

Dear All,

Splunk DB Connect is not working under the new release of Splunk.
The app is constantly loading and nothing happens.
DB Connect version is 3.2.0.
See the screenshot below.
alt text

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kchen_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

May i ask what is the OS ? is it a upgrade or fresh install ?

kchen_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Good to know it is a false alarm. Please don't hesitate to provide feedbacks if there is something doesn't work or need improvement. Thanks !

0 Karma

eduardo1989
Path Finder

It was a Windows installation, but I found out it was a setup issue.
Thank you for the quick response by the way!

0 Karma

john_kennan
Engager

What was the setup issue?

0 Karma

eduardo1989
Path Finder

The Java task server was not started because the Java installation was not appropriate, then the precheck was hanging a bit. After the JAVA reinstall it was working.
But I found out that the DB connect app use the older version of Python so in the future it will have more problems if the developer(s) not fixing it.
BR

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Have you opened a support case for this? If there is an actual defect in 8.0 that is causing this issue, they can file it with the engineering team.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...