Getting Data In

Splunk App For Infrastructure VMware vSphere

chrisratliff95

I'm trying to add VMware vSphere data using the Splunk app for infrastructure. When I try to, all I get is an alert "You have to install the Splunk VMware Add-on for ITSI and its components before you start collecting VMware data." I'm unclear on how to get around this issue since I have installed the necessary components. According to documentation https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/InfraApp/2.0.4/Install/VMWInstall?ref=hk
I need to install ITSI, which I have, and install SA-VMWIndex, Splunk_TA_esxilogs, and Splunk_TA_vcenter, which are all components inside of the vmware_ta_itsi parent directory that is a part of the ITSI install. I made sure the components within vmware_ta_itsi were also in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/ like the documentation says they should be.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...