Getting Data In

Receiver not receiving newly added index and data from sender!

Dark_Ichigo
Builder

I am currently successfully forwarding data of a created index from a sender to a receiver, the issue is I have created a new index with data inputs at the sender and I have configured all the correct inputs indexes confs and restarted both splunk servers and forwarders, The other index is coming through just fine, but the newly added one will not even budge through, I have spent the last 7 hours debugging and searching through the splunk logs for conf bugs or connection issues or even firewall problems which I doubted but checked anyway, in other words if the first index is working then there aren't any forwarder issues.

I cant think of anywhere else to check or debug any more, Any ideas?

0 Karma
1 Solution

Dark_Ichigo
Builder

I managed to fix the issue, but I have no idea how I did it, it just worked, must've been a typo somewhere.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Dark_Ichigo
Builder

I think the issue was that one of the Data Inputs had a "/*" at the end in inputs.conf which was confusing it, removing this I assume was the reason for it to finally work.

0 Karma

MarioM
Motivator

can you paste your inputs.conf from forwarder and indexes.conf from indexer?
As well did you see anything in indexer splunkd.log and forwarder splunkd.log?

0 Karma

Dark_Ichigo
Builder

I managed to fix the issue, but I have no idea how I did it, it just worked, must've been a typo somewhere.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...