Getting Data In

Pull data from a script(sh or py) to show in Splunk without indexing

sibbsnb
Path Finder

Hi,

I need a command like dbquery(dbconnect) which when executed in Splunk searh returns data from a script's output.

How do i do that?

Search
| mycommand parm1 parm2 | table abc, efg

Result
script output shown in splunk which can be manipulated further by SPL commands

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bgaignon
Path Finder

Hi,

If I understand well you want to execute a script and not a command.

If it's well a script then you can follow this great answer here: how-to-execute-external-script-to-manipulate-file-from-search-command

If you want dbquery there is an App, here is the doc: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/1.1.3/DeployDBX/Commands

But if you are looking to execute a custom command in the search line, then I will not be helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bgaignon
Path Finder

Hi,

If I understand well you want to execute a script and not a command.

If it's well a script then you can follow this great answer here: how-to-execute-external-script-to-manipulate-file-from-search-command

If you want dbquery there is an App, here is the doc: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/1.1.3/DeployDBX/Commands

But if you are looking to execute a custom command in the search line, then I will not be helpful.

0 Karma

sibbsnb
Path Finder

i was able to execute in a similar way as provided in that link to pull data from script.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...